Metal Stitching & Reinforcement of Cast Iron Embossing Press
Step by Step Report Presentation (PDF - 9.07 MB)
A customer with an embossing press identified a crack that had occurred under normal operating conditions. At LOCK-N-STITCH Inc. we specialize in metal stitching cast iron repair and have the capabilities for reinforced enhancements that suited the needs of this cast iron repair project. A magnetic base drill was used to ensure the precision installation of the L60 locks, and the Castmaster® C4 stitching pins. The use of this patented system of metal stitching provides a repair that is far stronger and durable than simple welding.
As this cast iron crack occurred during normal operations we wanted to repair the embossing press to become better than new. To avoid having another crack occur in a different location, we fabricated a special reinforcement bracket and mounted it over the side of the frame on the press. Using a combination of bolt tightening and heat from an oxy-acetylene torch the bracket contracted and was successfully mounted for additional durability. This onsite cast iron repair project was completed in 5 days. We were pleased to be selected by this customer to complete this cast iron repair and utilize our metal stitching technology in addition to our other cast iron repair capabilities.
To learn more about this project, or the processes used to repair it, see the table below or contact us directly.
Locks and Stitching Pins
Full-Torque Products Used: Crack Repair Tools Used:
Highlights of the Metal Stitching & Reinforcement Repair Project
- Cast Iron Crack Repair Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Primary: Metal Stitching
Secondary: Reinforcements to make it stronger than new
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Mag Base Drill, Portable Milling Machine, Precision Drill Jigs, L60 Lock, C4 Castmaster® Stitching Pins, Reinforcement Brackets, Oxy-acetylene Torch
- Industry for Use
- Miscellaneous Castings
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 5 days
- Delivery Location
- Napa, California
- Product Name
- Repair on Embossing Machine
- Additional Facts
- Not only did LOCK-N-STITCH repair the crack, but also reinforced the damaged areas. Fabrication of special brackets, and onsite machining.
- Why did you choose this project to showcase?
- Shows multiple repairs and technologies, and capabilities for reinforced enhancements.